SailNet Community - View Single Post - Exploring Titusville Municipal Marina
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013

bigdogandy is on a distinguished road
Re: Exploring Titusville Municipal Marina

I looked at Titusville when I was looking for a place for my boat. It is a good marina with friendy people, and they have the best rates on the space coast. The unlocked access to the docks is not a problem, in my opinion - I agree with RD that locked access is a lot like seeing burglar bars on the windows of house - a sure sign there is a lot of crime around.

The drawback for me was the limited sailing water in that area. There isn't much room outside the channel where the water is more than 2-3 feet deep, and it is a long way to get to an area to sail.

I would recommend checking out Harbortown Marina very nice facilities, great staff, convenient access to good sailing water on the Indian River and the Banana River and the Atlantic via the lock), Harbor Square (lots of character, no facilities), Cocoa Village Marina (5-star type facilities, downtown Cocoa so lots of good restaurants, etc.) or Cape Marina (in Port Canaveral, best access to the open Atlantic, very good facilities).

Good luck in your search.
1981 Endeavour 32

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Be joyful though you have considered all the facts.
- Wendell Berry
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook