SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013

MarkofSeaLife is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancelot9898 View Post
I too like the writing style of the gcaptain.com, but also think that he gives an honest summary of the day's testimony. There are many details that are not covered, but IMHO he is covering the major points and does not appear to have an ax to grind unlike many to the so called journalist of today.
He is writing to his audience at gCaptain, professionals running cargo and passenger ships.
I think they might be incredulous of the difference between the inspections and surveys, and requirements between them and Tall Ships.

The gCaptain mob are very interested in it... the articles are 4 of the top 5 most read... with the Carnival Triumph problem coming in at #3.

What surprises me most is that everyone is talking! I thought everyone would decline to answer questions. Only the owner has refused. Startling stuff.

I would love to be there, or to be able to watch the feed live.

The tall Ship industry around the world is gunna be given one big shak-up after this. I doubt the old "they look lovely we need to keep them no matter what" will be ditched and unless the ship and crew are worthy they will be immovable meuseum pieces.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook