SailNet Community - View Single Post - Beta Marine
Thread: Beta Marine
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013

bvermeer is on a distinguished road
Re: Beta Marine

As mentioned earlier, I got a reply. Beta will be sending me a replacement drive plate (the shock absorbing device between the engine and transmission, located inside the bell housing at the rear of the engine) without charge as long as I report the results of the change. It will be on a flight on Monday and should arrive in Sidney, BC some time during this coming week. The local distributor, Beta Canada (otherwise known as Gartside Marine) has offered to do the installation without charge. This will require the removal of the engine into the cabin, change out the drive plate and re-install the engine onto the saildrive unit. This can all be done without hauling the boat (I know, I've done it!). This is all good news!
My original, and only complaint and caution, on this web site was the lack of response by Beta Marine in England. They have now responded and have satisfied me to this point. Whether the replacement drive plate solves the noise problem is an entirely different issue. Again, the engine and sail-drive unit have worked flawlessly since installation. If the replacement solves the noise issue I will be a very happy camper! I will post the results......
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook