SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moving sailboat to Savannah from Seattle...
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Re: Moving sailboat to Savannah from Seattle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
GG,
The place in bellingham typically has an add in the back of 48north.

What type of boat are you moving? If it is like an SJ24, trailers are pretty easy to come by to a degree. If say a catalina 27.....might be a bit harder to find a used one.

Marty
Marty... the boat is a Bayliner US-25, weighs 3750 lbs empty but we know with all the junk we have in them we'll add another 250 lbs... the trailer is approx. 1500 pounds (pad type) so we are talking 5500 lbs +/- being towed behind an F250 truck rated for towing 10K lbs... the trailer I'm looking will have either electric and or hydraulic brakes depending on who makes the trailer for me.

Lets hope I get a good quote soon as I'm ready for getting some fun in the sun with the wife, son, daughter, and grandson... teach my son all aspects of this sailboat, have him started in this sailing hobby... there is a thread about getting young kids started into sailing... this is one way.

Here is the marina she will be slipped on:

Isle Of Hope Marina - Savannah, Georgia in Savannah, Georgia, United States - Home

Nick
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook