SailNet Community - View Single Post - Moving sailboat to Savannah from Seattle...
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013

guitarguy56 is on a distinguished road
Re: Moving sailboat to Savannah from Seattle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dongreerps View Post
2913 miles. Long trip. I annually drive San Antonio to Rutland - 2100 miles Takes me 3 days, 2 nights, at the end of which I am whipped. Reading your notes it is clear you really want to drive the trip, and are just looking for justification/support. If you do, please get a long wheel base vehicle.

Making the trip with your son is admirable - if he can drive. If so be sure to get an extended/crew cab, so one can snooze stretched out in the back seat.
Yes 3000 miles was the trip last time... depends on whether we stay along the highway or veer off some for looksie side trips... but not this time... straight shot to Savannah... son drives (21 years old and very good driver... so far )... I am determined to do this but based on the availability of the trailer in time to do this... my son's Spring Break is second week of March so that is my time frame to get this done... if not the boat will sit till end of June when my wife and I can come up with the trailer/truck and move it down... don't want to do that so I'm scrambling now to get the custom trailer made this week... should be a trailer already on hand and just need to add the adjustable pads... anything else I'm missing besides it being a dual axle trailer capable of 8,000 lbs or more? Support is what I need... never towed this much weight... but having the time to be with the son makes this all worth the effort.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook