SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post

No, I think he took the 5th because he was (in my opinion) running a passenger-carrying vessel that was merely credentialed as a dockside attraction. The apparent evidence that he was planning to start carrying disabled kids in Florida raises the stakes even more.
That's an interesting point, was my first thought after reading the OUTSIDE article where that possibility was raised, as well...

The BOUNTY foundation would have been straying dangerously close to RAW FAITH territory, there...

Lest we forget, another recent high-profile American maritime tragedy featured a program designed to get disabled out on the water - that clown who was running those cruises on San Diego Bay, with a grossly overloaded Macgregor 26...

The RAW FAITH saga was a classic example of the Coast Guard turning a blind eye towards those sort of 'private' operations, repeatedly rescuing, yet ultimately turning a blind eye towards the piece of crap it was, and the incompetence and lunacy of the builder/operator... It was a miracle no lives were lost when that POS finally, mercifully went down...

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook