SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard in SF Bay?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013

slax is on a distinguished road
Liveaboard in SF Bay?

Hello,
Have recently found myself in the position to follow up on some unfinished goals/dreams through the years. I work >90% remotely in IS/IT, and have pretty extensive experience in multiple fabrication/tech industries (metal/wood/electronics), and have traveled the country via VW bus and self converted schoolbus/motorhome. I am a novice sailor, definitely needing time and a couple classes, to get comfortable with a boat and myself. To minimize my needs and focus time on work and the tasks at hand, I have been looking for an inexpensive liveaboard option. Something that can comfortably support myself and older dog for the duration. that I can work on and develop the intimacy required for extended travels (learn her caveats), ideally would eventually be capable of blue water crossings with reinforcements/etc. My needs will be minimal and I am definitely not looking for anything fancypants.. functional, solid, and manageable for a solo as needed. Have been looking at a 28' Piver, seems it may be something worth going for. Any input on these specifically pro's/con's from experience? liveaboard cat/tri in general, or liveaboard in the bay at all? looking south bay, redwood city for slips, also open to transient slipping as needed.. pretty open as long as I get either wifi or a 3/4g signal.

happy sails.
slax
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook