SailNet Community - View Single Post - Womboat Takes a Strike.
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013

JonEisberg will become famous soon enough
Re: In regards to Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Show me the data not the hypotheses. Its snake oil and a means of making money installing expensive sytems. Tell me exactly what you have done to prevent being struck and how it has minimized it. tell me what you have deployed like the military munitions dumps?

Notes above are well documented facts, notes below are opinions.....

They are all opinions and logical thoeries and nothing more

We had all the preventers/ dissapators/ bonding and wre still struck ( sideswiped) by lightning last year in the midst of 1000 masts.

The best rpevention for lightning, is not touching metal objects and a good insurance policy.
I don't see where Sailing Jackson, or anyone else, is suggesting that anything can guarantee "prevention" from a strike...

So, then - does your unfortunate personal experience mean that you have removed all paths to ground on your boat, or any other "snake oil" measures purported to reduce the potential for a strike, or damage in the event of one? (grin)

TDW - sorry to hear about that, you've got your work cut out for you, unfortunately, hope your insurance company is cooperative... Perhaps Jeff H will weigh in here, I seem to recall his boat was hit years ago...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook