SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mainsail from Hell OR am I an Old Fart?
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: Mainsail from Hell OR am I an Old Fart?

It's a tale that is still unfolding.. I'm hoping to get the sail "fixed" in time for the next race this weekend - and he's promised to try to have it ready by Wednesday and come out for a sail with me a try it out - but if that happens I should probably buy a lottery ticket because my chances of winning would be just as great.

As you know, Melbourne is a racing city - no-one cruises around here; there's nowhere much to cruise to - and all of the sailmakers are busy all of the time preparing and repairing racing sails.

I'm fully expecting I'll have to put this sail away for sale with the boat as a "brand new spare" and quietly go elsewhere, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdw View Post
Quite frankly if I want sail work done I want the sailmaker to come to the boat if possible.
Unless the sailmaker was awfully familar with the boat and what you want to do with it.. but even then, I'd think that was essential meself.