SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
Maritime museums in Europe are popular places and I would say that existent tall ships here are not at risk and have enough funding, state or from private sponsorship.
Paulo, that is good to hear and I do wish that were true in this part of the world. It seems to me that whenever governments need money, "non essential" things like maritime heritage tends to suffer.

It would be interesting to know what the state of maritime heritage funding is like in America, although, if the "Bounty" is an example it can't be too healthy. Given the amount of money the US government is reported to spend on a non-essential like their space program, it's a little surprising to me that more isn't being done to ensure vessels like the "Bounty" aren't maintained in better condition..