SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Len View Post
It seems to me that most parts of the world offer an interested public and some degree of assistance and funding for classic or historic vessels.
Fortunatly this lament is buoyed by seeing PCP's note.
Not here I'm afraid. We even have a Register of Historic Vessels and being on that and two bucks-fifty might buy you a cup of coffee..

.. but my lament too is buoyed by seeing PCP's note.

EDIT: I've found it interesting delving into New Zealand's system. It turns out that the NZ government wasn't as interested in the boats as much as the Kauri they're built from, which it has since made it illegal to ship out of the country. Since a result was that it was then complicated for the locals to sell their yachts overseas, the government made it possible for gambling revenue to be put into various Trusts that, amongst other things, now own and operate many of their significant yachts.. Very clever indeed.

Last edited by Classic30; 02-17-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook