SailNet Community - View Single Post - Womboat Takes a Strike.
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013

chef2sail will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to chef2sail
Re: Womboat Takes a Strike.

When we suffered our lightning strike last summer the insurance company was not an issue. The most important factor for us was that our marine electrician was used to working with the insurance companies surveyor already. That relationship helped expedite repairs and they trusted each other.

After I made my the companies surveyor came aboard with me and the electrician and we went through everything. As far as electronics they replaced anything damaged with the same. If we wanted to upgrade and the same was available they paid for what we had had and we paid the upgrade difference. If it want available they paid for the closest similar item.

You will have to be the one to coordinate them and keep them on task. Lots of forms, pictures etc. They began he work immediately after the surveyor looked t everything and gave us verbal confirmations on starting replacements. It ok about 3-4 weeks,

We still can't believe the flash we saw inside our cabin a realize how lucky we are. Same with you guys. Glad you weren't aboard.

Dave

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(photos by Joe McCary)
Charter member of the Chesapeake Lion posse

Our blog-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

“Sailing is just the bottom line, like adding up the score in bridge. My real interest is in the tremendous game of life.”- Dennis Conner
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook