SailNet Community - View Single Post - Liveaboard in SF Bay?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013

slax is on a distinguished road
Re: Liveaboard in SF Bay?

shadowraiths,
thanks for the input, was hoping you would chime in. based on the postings of yours I have our paths seem pretty similar and it would seem you have some recentish experience to share about the living situation on the bay. i have been slowly parsing through that list, lots of not useful info there too. You mentioned 30' being the requirement? I would assume thats the minimal cost right? not they will turn me away if I am only on a 28'? also being in the bay and planning on getting as much time out on the water as possible, and with the force move to the city by work, thats pretty much gonna be whenever I am not "on the clock" now, I plan on getting insurance for the moment. May revisit the need again at a later date when I am not in one of the bussiest areas in the world, but for now with my experience level I think its important as well. I have also been digging into the maps and interwebs for decent anchorages within the 3/4g data coverage area for the many days I will still work from home. With the moderate flexibility and 1-2hr response time required for onsite situations, I think with a bit of planning ahead I can probably be within 1hr of a landing to get to the bart/muni and speed down to the DC even if I am not near whatever slip I decide on. Reminds me though, I need to look more into the few hour dock options near SF itself, as thats where any speedy travels would need to be to and never overnight just for a few hrs here and there. Hrmmm lots to do, back at it. Thanks again for this and any input, its appreciated greatly.
happy sails,
slax
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook