SailNet Community - View Single Post - Howdy from SF Bay!
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2013

slax is on a distinguished road
Howdy from SF Bay!

Name is slax, new to the community and a novice sailor. A bit of dingy experience, dad had a 40' hunter? for a while. At one point I bought a 30' ericson however was not living in the bay and only got to take her out a couple times with instruct before it became apparent I was not going to be able to maintain her needs through the rainy season here. She got sold to a nice couple that finished the work and took her to HI. But now my life has changed a bit, work requires me to be in the bay, and my partner is not along for the ride any longer so cannot block the path to my dreams . Looking for something again, open to a pretty broad range of options, nothing fancy needed. Older, solid, self sustainable for 1 Adult fulltime and periodically 2Adult 2children for a few days at a time, and something I can work on myself as much as possible is ideal. self sustainable is relative I know but there is a certain amount of space required even for the most minimal of us to fit the needs of general existance, I was thinking depending on build/builder 27'-32' would probably be enough. I have extensive experience maintaining/rebuilding old volkswagen's, retrofitted a schoolbus into an rv once, and play around heavily with electronics and regulated monitoring/control systems and other electronics funnn, so the tlc/wiring/engine work i can handle to a point and when/if I cant I usually know where that is too before I get in too deep. I have traveled pretty wide and broad on land, a bit on sea. At the moment I am doing IT/IS work and the income is decent, would like to use this time of bounty to locate what I need and get as much needed work done as possible. Looking forward to interacting with many of you through the future. Glad to be part of the community, and look forward to learning and contributing.
happy sails,
slax

Last edited by slax; 02-18-2013 at 11:16 AM. Reason: added some info about what I am looking for in a boat, and my backgrounds
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook