SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mainsail from Hell OR am I an Old Fart?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013

JackandJude is on a distinguished road
Re: Mainsail from Hell OR am I an Old Fart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blt2ski View Post
I have no problem getting in there face, especially if they are part to blame! as my feeling is you are, as is the sailmaker.
That's just it. We do not feel any blame. We made a deal, wrote out the specs, Somerset approved them but did not deliver. How do you figure we're to blame?
WHY:
We bought the sail from Somerset because he offered us the TIDES Track system, and because he and I grew up in the same town. Thought we'd swing some business his way! Even offered to promote his business on our website if he made a good sail because we support good marine businesses. Our website gets 30,000 hits every year! The guy's got no brain.
REFUND:
You may be a mod, but you ought to do your homework. We spelt out exactly what this loft offered as a refund. In short: We paid $1500 and Somerset will refund $818, that is after we fork out another $300 to send it back. Of course that also leaves us without a sail.

Thank you for your "good advice" but we have been managing just fine for a hell of a lot of miles, and will work this out. The money is quite secondary. The whole point is to alert our fellow sailors that an unscrupulous sailmaker was not honoring his word and to be aware. That's it. Do not buy from Somerset Sails or you may suffer the same fate.

As to the voice, we've been sailing this small boat for nearly our entire married life, 44 years, so we both jump in.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Authors and Filmakers
Explore - Dream - Discover
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook