SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mainsail from Hell OR am I an Old Fart?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013

JackandJude is on a distinguished road
Re: Mainsail from Hell OR am I an Old Fart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
got what you paid for,....cheap.

I think you are lucky that the Sailmaker is willing to refund any of your money.

If your purpose was to warn us and run down the sailmaker...mission accomplished, let it go now. Any more than that now is a window into you.

Dave
Well Dave, you are partly right and partly not. Maybe we haven't as much money as you and have to look for a good deal. Lord knows they are out there. We have traveled the world watching the pennies, never mucked anyone about, made a deal and stuck to it, right or wrong. We had a business, made timber furniture, stairs, kitchens, and never ever had one complaint. We have spent hours writing of our sailing experiences good and bad to help and encourage, have put out cruising guides of areas we know really well - put them out for free on our website. Why? Because a lot of good kind folk have helped us immensely.

Yep, we've pushed this barrow about as far as we should. But we still want everyone to know that good folk like us, who have been around the track a long time, can still be duded by the likes of this New York sailmaker. You call us cheap. You say we got what we paid for. We say we did not get what we paid for because Martin of Somerset quoted us a heavy duty cruising sail and delivered, knowing we were thousands of miles away, a real shocker. A sail you wouldn't take across the great lakes, let alone across the great southern ocean.
And you know what, in our pursuit to warn others we have had to put up with plenty of crap remarks about our integrity, our motives, we've been called liars, even called extortionist.
So you want us to quit? Goodonya. And have a nice day.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Authors and Filmakers
Explore - Dream - Discover
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook