View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: BVI chart/nav app

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robes View Post
Thanks for the update Minnewaska.
I just purchased the Garmin BluChart g2 HXUS030R SE Caribbean for my new Oregon 450 GPS....I have the Garmin HomePort marine planning software too, so i should be more then ready for my early April trip.
I currently have Garmin's obsolete MapSource software, and am considering getting HomePort. Can HomePort display the charts off your BlueChart SD card? (MapSource cannot.) That would be a huge plus for the HomePort software if it could.

If so (and Garmin's website claims it can do this), how it it done? Do you have to pull the microSD card out of the Oregon and put it into a reader on your computer? Or can you hook the Oregon to your computer by a USB cable instead?

IIRC, MapSource is supposed to be able to do this too, but apparently it only works for BlueChart cards in full chartplotters, not in handhelds like the Oregon. So I'm curious whether the HomePort software has this same flaw, or whether it actually works with handhelds.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 02-19-2013 at 09:33 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook