SailNet Community - View Single Post - Zodiac HP Air Floor Inflatable Boat
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013

MarcHall is on a distinguished road
Re: Zodiac HP Air Floor Inflatable Boat

After years with an Avon Roll-Up 3.15 I purchased an Achilles with an inflatable floor a couple of years ago.

The Achilles is all hypalon and after seeing a few Zodiac PVC boats fall apart in a couple of years of Southern Califorina sunshine I believe hypalon is the only way to go. As far as I know Achilles is the only boat where both the boat and the inflatable floor is made of hypalon. There are other brands where the floor is PVC but the rest of the boat is hypalon.

Very happy with the boat, its about a foot longer then Avon but with the inflatable floor it is significantly lighter. Much easier to move around on land or on the boat deck. Pretty simple to inflate and launch from the foredeck of the boat. Easier to beach land and launch.

One of my requirements for the inflatable was that it be able to carry two scuba divers with all gear and be able to get up on plane. The Avon and Achilles met this requirement with a 15HP 2 stroke Mercury engine. With the large inflatable wheels mounted on the transom the Achilles is very easy to beach launch and land particularly since the wheels when in the down position extend past the bottom of the engine.

Regards
Marc Hall
Crazy Fish, Crealock 37, Hull 207
Slipped in San Diego.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook