Here are my take-aways...
1. Who cares who Glenn's attracted to and who he isn't? All this crap about him needing to "change his attitude" and settle for fatter, uglier chicks? Please. It's his freakin' love life. And he's very open about the fact that he's got none, knows the reason why, and is cool with it. In the end, Glenn, from the book you strike me as the typical older single dude whose ways are so set that you'll probably never find a chick that you'll be able to truly tolerate. The fact that you recognize that your standards are likely impossibly high - and are okay finding a fun life outside of romance is cool. More power to you.
2. Composting heads are stupid. Sure...it's all about the "no smell" allure. Of course, when you're rolling in four people's sewage on your cabin sole, spitting that grit out of your mouth...well, I'll live with a bit of funk from my standard head thanks.
3. I was all about the Pudgy. They seem like the Swiss Army Knives of tenders. Just sounds like they don't work too well at any of the functions.
4. I'll never, ever, ever buy a full-keel boat.
5. I think you're pretty awesome for what you've done and your attitude about it all. Head over to the BFS shop (link in my sig) and register an account. I'll send you a free BFS hoodie. Hanging out on that sprit in a blow without getting flicked? You definitely deserve it dude.