SailNet Community - View Single Post - Exploring Titusville Municipal Marina
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013

LauderBoy is on a distinguished road
Re: Exploring Titusville Municipal Marina

I used to live in Orlando and have since moved aboard my own sailboat. Before doing that I used to sea kayak and would hop all over the place from Orlando. Titusville was my go to place mostly because it was such a sort drive. The only real problem with the area will be real limited sailing potential(depending on your draft).

Since you're on the north end of Orlando Daytona isn't a bad option either. I'm not sure if the sailing from there would be any better though. I never kayaked in that area.

The best kayaking I had was on the other end of the coast. Tarpon springs Florida gave me a straight shot out to Anclote Key which is terrific kayaking(and sailing) territory. There's also a lot of really nice little keys and places to head out to all over the Tampa area. It was a longer drive from Orlando but well worth it. I used to overnight it on Anclote key quite a few times and it's just beautiful for camping.

In the Tampa area you have Anclote, Honeymoon island, Ft Desoto, Shell key... basically more really nice places to head out to than you can shake a stick at. It's something to consider.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook