SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mainsail from Hell OR am I an Old Fart?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Re: Mainsail from Hell OR am I an Old Fart?

Mark-
I'm not sure about a correct amount of regulation. There are folks who would say the Mafia manages to make things work with much less paperwork than Congress.

With the smattering on information we have here, who knows. In the US, where the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) can often be applied, sometimes the guy who SENT the non-conforming goods is responsible for taking them back. As I explained to a company that sent the wrong hard drive to a business once (a pricey server drive) the old one would be held for a pickup for 30 days, as per the UCC. And then placed on the doorstep with the trash, if they didn't feel like sending a pickup for it.

And yes, that's US law for certain transactions. Consumers don't always get it so easy, but when you didn't order something? Or, you ordered a cow and someone sent a goat? Not your problem, if you can document it. "Well its got four legs and a tail, isn't that close enough?" Ah, no.

I'll offer any vendor one carrot, once. After that? It's the stick. Here, well, we just don't know the laws, the terms, the much of anything. Except both sides apparently agree the sail is white.

That's a good start, right?!
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook