SailNet Community - View Single Post - Newbe with no experience buys big boat
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013

caberg is on a distinguished road
Re: Newbe with no experience buys big boat

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenndamato View Post
I reject the notion that a man's life is somehow wasted or lived in vain if there is no woman dependent on him (or no relationship, however you wish to phrase it). A relationship is NOT "essential to a good life." The misconception that it is produces much misery and waste in our world.
Perhaps you started with a flawed notion (which you you are rejecting). The idea that a woman is a dependent in a relationship is quite archaic. My wife is no more dependent on me, than I am on her. Best friends is a more appropriate term, I think.

Sure, a relationship is not essential to a good life. Who argues otherwise? Plenty of single folks live very fulfilled lives, and are able to pursue goals that might otherwise not fit into relationship. There's a trade off involved. I wouldn't trade what I have, but I can see the appeal of a single life, too.

You seem to spend a lot of time and effort analyzing this relationship stuff and why it will not happen for you. I suspect that you've trumped up some of this to write a more compelling story, but anyway, my advice would be to forget all of that and just live your life. Maybe get into shape and lose that extra 90 lbs too. You may be surprised some day.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook