SailNet Community - View Single Post - NMEA over Bluetooth
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013
If it's blowin' I'm goin'

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: NMEA over Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W View Post
It's not just NMEA 0183 vs NMEA 2000, it is their weird choice to have two output ports on the radio, one of which sends different sentences then the other. They "fixed" that on the GX2150 if you configure it at 38400. If you configure it at 4800 then one port talks 4800 and the other talks 38400, and they each send different sentences.

To work with your bluetooth adapter (which only has one serial input line) you'd need to configure the radio at 38400. If you configure it for 4800 then you won't get the AIS sentences, only the DSC ones. This is on page 16 of the manual...
You are reading the wrong manual. This guy has a HX 851. You should do your homework before misleading him any more.

As for the GX 2100, your argument that sending different sentences outputs is incorrect. I have it working perfectly with 2 Bluetooth adapters. Click the link that I showed above to see how.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook