SailNet Community - View Single Post - NMEA over Bluetooth
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013
Proud "picnic sailor"

TakeFive will become famous soon enough
Re: NMEA over Bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex W View Post
...You are using 38400, which I noted does send all sentences out of one NMEA port. At 4800 it does not. This is covered in the GX2150 manual on pages 16 and 17.
I have NOT configured my GX2150 in the way you say. The GX2150 gives you the option of multiplexing both AIS and DSC onto one wire (the gray one) at 38400. But you do not have to do that. You can instead opt to send the signals out the same way as done the GX2100, with DSC/DSE on the grey wire at 4800 and AIS on the brown wire at 38400. That is how I have my radio set up, and it has been working perfectly fine with my computer chartplotter for the past two years. The reasons I chose to do that are complicated and I don't have time to explain right now. But bottom line, I could plop your GX2100 into my boat and it would work in exactly the same way. Contrary to what you say, I am not currently taking advantage of the GX2150's option to multiplex DSC and AIS onto one port.

As for this guy's HX851, he simply needs one full duplex COM port, probably at 4800 (since his manual does not list any options). The GPS sentences simply go out the charging cradle to the Bluetooth adapter, which gets mapped to an emulated COM port in his computer.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Formerly posted as "RhythmDoctor"
1998 Catalina 250WK Take Five (at Anchorage Marina, Essington, on the Delaware River)
1991 15' Trophy (Lake Wallenpaupack)
1985 14' Phantom (Lake Wallenpaupack)

Last edited by TakeFive; 02-20-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook