SailNet Community - View Single Post - Every day's a good day in Paradise...
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

travlineasy will become famous soon enough
Re: Every day's a good day in Paradise...

Jon, is that ice on the foredeck and cabin top? If so, think about purchasing a good pair of golf shoes, the old ones with metal spikes to dig into the ice when you go forward to drop the hook or put out some mooring lines. I have them at home for negotiating my driveway when I need to walk to the mailbox after a bout of freezing rain.

Hmmm. Bet those icicles on the roller furling line would make a real mess of the blocks when they jam up.

My greenhouse enclose is now complete, it goes up quickly, all four panels are easily removable and installed, no problems with salt spray or vision, and when my sailing buddy arrives on the 25th, we're going to spend a week sailing around here, then head north.

With luck, I'll have a great weather window, jump into the Gulf Stream, and have a ball sailing at incredible speeds. If the weather gets nasty, I'll duck into one of the many inlets along the way and utilize the ICW. My buddy want to see the ICW, so most likely, even with a good weather window, I'll likely come inside somewhat around Beaufort, NC, then continue north to Norfolk, VA before going into the Chesapeake's lower reaches.

Cheers,

Gary
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook