SailNet Community - View Single Post - 10 week trip Hampton Va to the Bahamas and back mid may-july
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013
美国华人, 帆船 教授及输送

rockDAWG is on a distinguished road
Re: 10 week trip Hampton Va to the Bahamas and back mid may-july

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanappleyard View Post
Hi

I'm looking for crew to do my trip with me.

10 week sailing trip from Hampton Va to the Bahamas and back. Leaving mid may and returning end of july. A crew of 4 will sail out of Hampton and down the ICW to the Bahamas. We will be doing it on a 35.5 Irwin Citation. Its sail and motor powered, with two bedrooms, kitchen, bathroom, living/ dining room. We will be stopping off and exploring many places along the way and with the use of a 16ft sib getting into all the interesting inlets the yacht cant reach. We will also get to scuba and snorkel the interesting waters of the Bahamas and catch fresh fish to grill on the bbq in this boat.There is going to be a crew of 4, with 3 spaces currently available. All costs including food, visa's, fuel, mooring charges etc approximate at $750 pp for the 10 weeks. If interested please get in touch.
How much experience do you have sailing across the gulf stream? What are the safety equipment do you have on board? Beware that sharing expense is different from charging the crew. The latter needs you to have a Captain license (at least the six-pack).

It seems that you are not very familiar with the terms, are you looking for experienced crews to teach you? It is unlikely that some one will pay you the money so that they will have the privilege to teach you.

Regardless, good luck and have fun.

Fine Print:
I am old school. Integrity is to do the right thing even when no one is watching.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook