SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013

casey1999 is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Yes...go back a few posts to where I was reporting what I saw from the people testifying. The 3rd mate kind of debunked it and talked about following two storms after they passed by in the SW area, much like oceanic racers do and followed it at a safe distance as it moved away from them. In one instance they hove to for two days as their forward speed ws 11 knotss and the storm slowed to 4 knotts and they started catching it. Third mate stated tha the captain was not talkimng about catching hrricanes and ridng them for fun, but was talking about when they found themselves behind one what they would do.
So the position to be in is the southwest side. So why did captain say the southeast side? Was this addressed in the hearings? I think it is important. Was captain having mental issues that did not allow him to think clearly or to act clearly in an emergency situation? Seems there were many mistakes made by the captain. Was there a developing medical problem or was this the normal actions of the captain?
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook