SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ideas and/or guidance
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013
Seaward 26rk

strandedsooner is on a distinguished road
Re: Ideas and/or guidance

Well I am very intrigued by the idea of having a boat in Florida that I put on the hard in between cruises. I am also going to explore having a charter boat somewhere in the Carib and try to do a couple multiple week cruises a year. I know the wear and tear factor might be high but it still appeals to me. I could spend longer and longer periods of time cruising and make sure its the right fit and have the boat already in prime cruising grounds. Also would have 4 or so years to save up even more money for a more extended cruise. Then would have a boat I could take to Florida for a refit and then cruise or sell and find a diff boat .

I am setting up a bareboat cruise for the BVI in April right now and possibly one in either Florida in June or San Juans in WA for August. Also going to try to do some overnights on the hook this summer on my boat in Kansas. I've got a little money saved and will definitely be doing something either buying a second boat for FL or a BVI charter boat in the next year.

On another note...Does anyone know anything about MarineMax vacations charters on Tortola? Their Dufour yachts look very nice and I have seen some good online reviews. Curious if anyone knows anything about them or the Dufour grand large yachts they charter.

Thanks again for all the great responses,

Eric
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook