SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013

c. breeze is on a distinguished road
Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

No- I'm not sure how I happened. My boat got sideways in some big waves and I got smashed around in the cockpit. I think it most likely got crushed between the tiller and the port side lazarette? It was really hectic. I told a bit a out it in the "school I hard knocks" thread.

Bad judgement. That's all. Late- really tired after a long day haulin ass north in the Gulf Stream- and I got my ass handed to me trying to get inside. Not even a bad inlet- just a little bit of bad judgement. I did do some pretty "technical" sailing immediately after it happened. Then I hove to- and tried to figure things out. I thought it was gone from all the blood- and it felt wierd- but it was just mangled and broken. Flapping by shreds.

A buddy of mine got bitten by a shark on his hand surfing a Sebastian a few years ago- about a 2 footer- or maybe 20" He has really sweet shark bite scars- but a really lame story.

"Oh my God- you got attacked by a shark- was it little- like 4-5 feet?"
"Um, yeah- it was a little one" how lame to have an embarrassing shark attack story.

Like my embarrassing sailing story there. Ha.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook