SailNet Community - View Single Post - The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??
View Single Post
post #493 of Old 02-20-2013
c. breeze

Re: The future of the sailing world. Why are there so few young people cruising??

No- I'm not sure how I happened. My boat got sideways in some big waves and I got smashed around in the cockpit. I think it most likely got crushed between the tiller and the port side lazarette? It was really hectic. I told a bit a out it in the "school I hard knocks" thread.

Bad judgement. That's all. Late- really tired after a long day haulin ass north in the Gulf Stream- and I got my ass handed to me trying to get inside. Not even a bad inlet- just a little bit of bad judgement. I did do some pretty "technical" sailing immediately after it happened. Then I hove to- and tried to figure things out. I thought it was gone from all the blood- and it felt wierd- but it was just mangled and broken. Flapping by shreds.

A buddy of mine got bitten by a shark on his hand surfing a Sebastian a few years ago- about a 2 footer- or maybe 20" He has really sweet shark bite scars- but a really lame story.

"Oh my God- you got attacked by a shark- was it little- like 4-5 feet?"
"Um, yeah- it was a little one" how lame to have an embarrassing shark attack story.

Like my embarrassing sailing story there. Ha.
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome