SailNet Community - View Single Post - Spare Electronics Parts list...
View Single Post
post #1 of Old 02-20-2013 Thread Starter
slax

Spare Electronics Parts list...

Aloha,
I am mid streamline of all things in my life in preparation for liveaboard status. Have an eye on a few 30-35', so roomy enough for just myself. Amongst all the normal items that accumulate, clothes/furniture/computer_stuff/etc... I have a pretty extensive electronics lab, I will be bringing as much as makes sense onboard, but thats where the root of this post comes to.

I know what I need for my projects gear/component wise, and am debating between a few other things.. almost all the heavy stuff is going into storage, O-scope, large bench pdu(have a small one), older freq modulater(too large, and have a portable), large AC-DC transformers/CAPS/etc.. (way to heavy without a specific project in mind, though may look at dockside storage for the h2o spec'd one).

With all that, I ask the group what do you carry for spare electronic components, and/or what do you find the hardest to locate when needed for gear abroad? Does it make sense to be using some space for this interest in my life, or am I just taking up critical space? Any other input would be great on this subject.

happy sails,
slax
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome