SailNet Community - View Single Post - Spare Electronics Parts list...
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013

slax is on a distinguished road
Spare Electronics Parts list...

Aloha,
I am mid streamline of all things in my life in preparation for liveaboard status. Have an eye on a few 30-35', so roomy enough for just myself. Amongst all the normal items that accumulate, clothes/furniture/computer_stuff/etc... I have a pretty extensive electronics lab, I will be bringing as much as makes sense onboard, but thats where the root of this post comes to.

I know what I need for my projects gear/component wise, and am debating between a few other things.. almost all the heavy stuff is going into storage, O-scope, large bench pdu(have a small one), older freq modulater(too large, and have a portable), large AC-DC transformers/CAPS/etc.. (way to heavy without a specific project in mind, though may look at dockside storage for the h2o spec'd one).

With all that, I ask the group what do you carry for spare electronic components, and/or what do you find the hardest to locate when needed for gear abroad? Does it make sense to be using some space for this interest in my life, or am I just taking up critical space? Any other input would be great on this subject.

happy sails,
slax
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook