SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeFive View Post
Well if there's such a wide gulf between the two classifications, I think it's a definite possibility that the investigators will recommend new classification between those two.

I think you can expect that after 8 days of investigation something will be done, either stricter enforcement of current regulations or, if that is as impossible as you suggest, then new regulations.
We'll see what happens at the end of all this.. but I do hope for all your sakes that the status quo is maintained with perhaps a bit better policing around the edges.

My fear is that any further cost/compliance obligations on smaller vessels like the "Bounty" will mean more of them end up as penniless dockside attractions and die prematurely and less remain in a truly "seaworthy" condition allowing especially the younger generation to experience Tall Sail on the open ocean.