SailNet Community - View Single Post - Latest on L&A
Thread: Latest on L&A
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013
Puget Sound Pounder

kellysails is on a distinguished road
Re: Latest on L&A

Alrighty! The latest volume of CO is out. The admiral laid claim to it and the only way I could get my hands on it was to give her the last volume (I was still reading it). She was never a L&A fan but she loves the new format and content.

This looks better than the last one. Cruising Cuba looks interesting and their is a "how to" on Guerilla Boat Repair (all the tools you need to make those fast Macgyver repairs to keep your boat afloat). There is also a very good article on binocular technology, get the straight scoop!

They are still sticking to the 70% content and 30% ads. They only allow marine ads so if your interest is to catch up on the latest Rolex ads, not found here.

They are toning down the cover, showing less skin. Which is likely why the Admiral opened it up I think they are trying to tone down the raw side a bit (damn!) but maybe a good idea. 192 pages! It should be stocked at West Marine soon.

Bob has come up with yet another clever scheme to get his hands on with the Lost Soul again. He never ceases to amaze me.

And there are several pics of Bob, not the most photogenic guy around. But just seeing him makes me laugh, what a goof ball. There is a lot under the covers there, maybe that's why I like him so much.

I have no relationship with the magazine, simply a fan. Now go buy the damn rag!

Last edited by kellysails; 02-21-2013 at 12:36 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook