SailNet Community - View Single Post - Newbe with no experience buys big boat
View Single Post
post #247 of Old 02-21-2013
glenndamato

Re: Newbe with no experience buys big boat

Thanks for the advice, Tim! I gotta get into better shape, too. I am fatter and weaker than what I was ten years ago. I'm going to work on that slowly while I tackle my writing project for 2013, which is a novel. 2014 might be the year of a new boat.

ShoalFinder: sorry I gave you the heebie-jeebies! Now, she did not actually "do" anything directly physical, keep in mind, outside of the atire and extreme close proximity and, as you so clearly expressed, a "look!" Many people, I think, assume that all men operate under a strict system that lowers their standards automatically so that virtually anyone can mate with . . . someone. People can confirm this assumption with about 80-90 percent of men. And many unattached men >30 or so are concerned that being completely unmated lowers their social status and, often, leads to gradual self destruction via alcohol. Neither is a problem for me and several other "chronically unmated" males I know - but people can assume that you are "just shy" or uncertain or maybe inexperienced or maybe afraid of offense or criminal charges if you "make the first move" - so they want to give you a nudge. The idea of an unmated male not being interested really sends some people into a state of rage - as if "you really don't have that right." Not everyone, just some.

Best,

Glenn
Quote Share with Facebook

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome