SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mainsail from Hell OR am I an Old Fart?
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013

JackandJude is on a distinguished road
Re: Mainsail from Hell OR am I an Old Fart?

Jude asked me to keep monitoring this thread so I came back online to say just that - and received a double barrel from chef2sail

Have it your way mate - but you sound far from "the casual observer" you claim.
So I'll answer you in that vein. Somerset Sails did not need quote or accept the job. But once accepted, to me that means you fulfill the obligation you accepted, profit or not.

Jude thinks the internet is fast becoming a place to hold suppliers accountable. For instance our Facebook page has an American lady lambasting a car dealer for selling her a dud that was promised to be OK. Ebay works on the system of recommendations. I think its a good idea to share information on those that dud us because we buy so much more online.

chef2sail you can see this anyway you wish. But you are wrong on all counts. Even incorrect about promoting our books. You'll find few links to them on this thread, when in fact, I could be sticking in plugs for our products left right and center. The only reference here is to Where Wild Winds Blow because I sent a copy to the sailmaker after one of our long and friendly telephone chats.

This might make you feel real good, but we have not sold one book to sailnet people. They're not interested in Australian stories, and have no need for the Cruising Guides we publish - which if you're interested are available FREE off our website (That's a PLUG) And while there you might also grab a few FREE poster prints, Or a FREE java Almanac and sight reduction form that works offline. Or even some hints on KNOTS -FREE Also. But if you really want to be a big spender then dip in your pocket for the price of a coke and get a copy of our Australian Circumnavigation. You just might learn something about this amazing island country that spans tropics to the Great Southern Ocean. Oh and in there are tons of hints on how Jack and Jude, two elderly folk on their own, still manage a 14 tonne vessel across some of the world's toughest oceans. I won't put a link in for that because you'll claim I'm trying to get rich and famous.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Authors and Filmakers
Explore - Dream - Discover
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook