SailNet Community - View Single Post - Com-PAC 19 for summer cruiser puget sound
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2013
no longer reading SailNet

Alex W is on a distinguished road
Re: Com-PAC 19 for summer cruiser puget sound

A friend just sold his Catalina 22 and that would have been a possible candidate. He took it up to the San Juans for two weeks last summer (I was there at the same time) and found it small, but do-able. It was a fin keel model which opens up the interior a bit. He sold it for $3500 with a nearly new motor, sails, and recent bottom painting.

Figure out a good craigslist search. For some reason many people don't ever use the word sail or sailboat when putting their ad together. When I was shopping my search was something like "sail* | genoa | spinnaker | sloop | jib".

This Catalina 25 looks like a pretty good deal based on the ad:
25' Catalina Sailboat - Tall Rig

I'm not a huge fan of the swing keel, but the tall rig is nice here in the summer when the winds are light. The Catalina 25 that I had was a tall rig, fin keel, and it was a nice small cruiser. There is a good amount of interior storage due to the double sized quarterberth.

Otherwise CL looks a little dry at the moment (you already mentioned the large numbers of US25's). I will say that last spring it seemed like there were good options up until May.