SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013
Once known as Hartley18

Classic30 will become famous soon enough Classic30 will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Congratulations, C2F!!

That and a buck-fifty probably won't get you a cup of coffee even in your part of the world...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Mhack View Post
Well based on the testimony some said it was known that Bounty has a bad reputation.

It was known by the officers and the captain the pumps not 1 out of 5 didn't work as expected.

These 2 facts make it a suicide mission.

CM silence to the crew didn't help them understand the risks.

I think CM had every opportunity to dissent, leave or at least call the CG when this was going down.

Technically they were supposed to notify CG on generator and bilge failures.

We can slice it for 100 more pages, their actions are pretty clear now.

I think that's actually the biggest problem that his officers were afraid/unwilling to challenge his reckless plan.
Well I guess we'll soon know if you're right once the investigation is complete. I'm still not convinced the bilge pump failures were as widely known amongst the officers and crew as you suggest - because if they did, unless the entire crew were a bunch of mindless lemmings, surely we wouldn't be talking about it now.

The absence of so much as a "Pan-Pan" call once the water started rising, has me puzzled though..

Last edited by Classic30; 02-22-2013 at 01:32 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook