SailNet Community - View Single Post - Need advice on preparing for Pacific crossing
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013

wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about wind_magic has a spectacular aura about
Re: Need advice on preparing for Pacific crossing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshimasunset View Post
Thanks for the tip.. i had a look at activecaptian.com. Nice idea, but unfortunately there isn't much information yet for most of the sites in the pacific.

Can anyone else recommend a good source of information for anchorages and marinas in the pacific?
Hiro,

I don't think there is any way around it, the only way to find out what you want to know is to do a lot of research.

Maybe you could start with some charts for the places you want to go ?

From there you could find the specific places you want to go to and then start searching out information about each anchorage, each approach to that anchorage, etc. There is a lot of information out there if you can get specific about what you are looking for. I think it is harder for anyone to answer if you just ask about Fiji, for example, but it would be a lot easier if you knew exactly where in Fiji you want to go.

I guess what I am saying is that whole books are written about some of the general things that you are asking about so it is probably hard even for people who have been there to give you more information.

Please support my
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook