SailNet Community - View Single Post - Big Freakin' Sails
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013
Last Man Standing

smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough smackdaddy is a jewel in the rough
Re: Big Freakin' Sails

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchockT View Post
This ain't his first rodeo! It has nothing to do with luck. He is calm because he knows his boat, and he knows what needs to be done. I'm sure he has dealt with plenty of broaches.

Anybody who races hard has dealt with broaches like that. (actually that one was pretty "slow-motion" compared to some!)

Of course I have always had the benefit of an experienced crew, but it is usually dealt with pretty calmly. Doing it by myself in the middle of nowhere?
Can't say I would want to try that!

That guy definitely deserves your "BFSer" award.

The guy in the video before that? He was just a hack and an idiot!
Luck had a whole lot to do with it actually. And I don't mean how he handled the whole thing...I mean one thing in particular...

While he was working on the hydro and the broach began, look at where he put his right hand. Now watch that mainsheet and big-ass block scream across it. The fact that he still has a hand was luck. The rest of it was pure BFS.

Yeah, the other dude is complete mess - but with a sense of humor. That's why I like him.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

S/V Dawn Treader - 1989 Hunter Legend 40
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook