SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Mhack View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP
Maybe I stated it badly. I was referring what they had said themselves and was published previously in the press. I did not meant to say that when they sailed that they had not been informed about the Hurricane. What I meant to say is that they had not been aware of its importance till some hours before and some not even after that reunion. Barksdale says "Nobody knew that it was going to have the intensity and size it ended up having" .

His testimony is highly suspect.. others testified that the Captain didn't have a plan, he just said I know you were getting texts, there is a weather system, we will go east offshore - and then decide what to do. I and Bounty always made it.

That's it. "Don't worry" talk.

I guess you did not understood what I have posted and said. The plan that seemed acceptable for the crew was presented by the Captain before the boat sailed away. This plan that was reported months ago by Barksdale was heard and confirmed by sources that did not belong to the Bounty's crew.

I don't think that the crew would be sailing out of of port with an Hurricane coming if the captain did not give them a pretty good idea that he knew what he was doing.

That was what Barksdale reported to the press months ago. This report and what the Captain said it was is intention to do and sailing plan was also reported independently by another credible witness, confirming what Barksdale said.

That has not to do with what he have done after while sailing. In fact he started doing what he had said he was going to do and then changed course. He did not explain to anybody why he was doing so.

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by PCP; 02-22-2013 at 06:12 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook