SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013

Capt.Mhack is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockDAWG View Post
Just find out that Youtube has all the footage of the Hearing. So if anyone did not have a chance to watch the steaming of the hearing. Here is your opprotnity:

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc....0...0.0...1ac.
Perfect, now everyone can see for themselves what exactly was said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCP View Post
I guess you did not understood what I have posted and said. The plan that seemed acceptable for the crew was presented by the Captain before the boat sailed away. This plan that was reported months ago by Barksdale was heard and confirmed by sources that did not belong to the Bounty's crew.

I don't think that the crew would be sailing out of of port with an Hurricane coming if the captain did not give them a pretty good idea that he knew what he was doing.

That was what Barksdale reported to the press months ago. This report and what the Captain said it was is intention to do and sailing plan was also reported independently by another credible witness, confirming what Barksdale said.

That has not to do with what he have done after while sailing. In fact he started doing what he had said he was going to do and then changed course. He did not explain to anybody why he was doing so.

Regards

Paulo
I don't think we are far apart on this. My point that hr made it seem like he had a plan in reality for some reason he just wanted to go and had no plan. Look at day 6 testimony from CM..

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey1999 View Post
I have only watched a little of the CG investigation, and read most of the recaps here on SN.

Most have commented the crew was inexperienced.

I watched the testimony by the young lady (deck hand with 100 Ton license) and I was pretty impressed by her experience and how she delt calmly with the abandoning of the ship. I would not call her inexperienced. She also seems to be able to deal with mechanical issues quite well.

Did anyone see what her thoughts were on leaving port and trying to skirt Sandy?
She was better than others but couldn't answer or didn't know some basic questions.

Last edited by Capt.Mhack; 02-22-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook