SailNet Community - View Single Post - Interesting Sailboats
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013

PCP will become famous soon enough
Re: Cruising Greece: planing information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricKLYC View Post

The stern-to mooring with a very deep rudder is a problem all around the Mediterranean and the pilot books are not always accurate in this matter. And in Greece they donít provide moorings at the quay the way they do in Croatia. I suppose you will sometimes prefer to use a stern anchor and come bow-to.

I donít know about adequate sonar systems but intuitively I would think about a fishfinder type of sounder, although I must admit not being familiar with this type of equipment. And I suppose car parking aids donít work under water .

Thanks a lot Paulo, I'd love to have this chart.

Best regards,

Eric
Hi,

Tomorrow I will send it to you.

No, that is not a fish finder but a forward looking dept finder that is able to read the bottom forward till 100m. I think that will solve my problem.

I read about guys that used this kind of system to sail in uncharted places and they say very well about it. This is the more basic system and I think it will be enough for me. There are more sophisticated systems that present 3D resolutions and also read not only forward but also at an angle sideways. I see that you never heard about it, but then I guess you don't need it

Have a look at the basic system I want to fit:

http://echopilot.com/user/image/flsbronze.pdf

FLS Bronze Forward Looking Sonar

and also have a look at the more powerful solutions:

Regards

Paulo

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook