SailNet Community - View Single Post - Retirement
Thread: Retirement
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013

Sailing poodles is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Sailing poodles Send a message via MSN to Sailing poodles Send a message via Yahoo to Sailing poodles
Re: Retirement

Thank you all and so good to read nothing but positive comments:

So here's the plan. Spend at least one winter bareboat chartering in the Caribbean, try to figure it out and get legals etc. sorted.

We are a British couple and my daughter is going to sponsor us into the US, got that figured.

The issue now is do I buy my next boat in the US and try to sell my current one here (French Mediterranean) or do what Ancasta have suggested buy the boat in the UK with mine as a PX and then sail the new one across the pond with one of the rallies; target date Christmas 2014. Only I can figure that one. Thinking of the Beneteau Sense 50 with Dock 'n Go. Lots of room, simple to sail, not too big, comfortable with roller reefing to the main. My Hunter gonna be an issue with the mainsail in my dotage, my wife already needs an electric winch to get the main up.

So thanks again for the encouragement a great project for us let's hope the house sells quickly. Anyone want a beautiful home in France? Just a thought
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook