SailNet Community - View Single Post - Mainsail Design Question...
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013
Closet Powerboater

MedSailor is on a distinguished road
Re: Mainsail Design Question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_H View Post
Med, I mean no disrespect to you or your girl. We all love our boats for different reasons, and of course overall performance is but one item that you may or may not cherish. In the end the best boat for anyone is the one that we think works for us.

... That sail cloth was pretty short lived in the leech where fluttering and flogging stresses the horizontally oriented, weaker woof fibers (rather than the stronger vertically oriented warp) to a premature failure...

Jeff
Absolutely no offense taken, I was just having a go. We do love our boats for different reasons (see my signature) .

Setting aside cost difference completely for a moment, do you think it is possible that a tri-radial dacron of say WarpDrive cloth would fail sooner than a crosscut sail or more standard cloth? Or is it a given, or at least more likely, that the tri-radial dacron sails last longer?

Thanks again for your thoughts.

MedSailor

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I have a sauna on my boat, therefore I win.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook