SailNet Community - View Single Post - Alternator wiring issue...
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013

Capt. Gary Randall is on a distinguished road
Re: Alternator wiring issue...

hello there, I am assuming that D+ field is directly connected to battery positive? in wiring scheme there will always be a current draw from your batteries. D+ field should be connected to the ignition switch on your engine and in the off position when your engine is shut down. It also should be on the other side of the shunt where it can monitor the voltage directly accurate/ ignition switch. The fact that you have an internally regulated alternator should be good in itself, as long as the field can monitor the voltage on the other side of the shunt. ( ignition switch) I would remove all the other homemade regulator and once the field can monitor the correct voltage you will find a improvement in the way your charge gauge reads. Directly because it cannot read correctly on the alternator side of the shunt assuming that you are using a amp gauge that is controlled by the shunt. Hopefully I have helped you out here. CaptG

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[SIGPIC] The only difference between an ordeal and a adventure is your attitude!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Reply With Quote Share with Facebook