SailNet Community - View Single Post - Anyone familiar with 1974 Seafarer?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013

cjlmia is on a distinguished road
Re: Anyone familiar with 1974 Seafarer?

I'll definitely second the sentiment that a seafarer is a pleasure to sail. The tiller requires a very light touch when the sails are well balanced, and she holds a course very well. I mostly sail single handed, and I can either lightly lash the tiller (with a few wraps of rope to the windward rail) or even just leave it if things are really well balanced. Then I can walk around on deck and tinker with sail trim/position etc., tidy lines, lean over the pulpit with fists pumping to the sky and shout "I'm the king of the world!" or just stare off into the water You know, normal sailor stuff LOL

It is also very nice to steer the boat by moving my weight fore and aft without having to touch the tiller or sail when things are balanced. I am a relative newbie to sailing, and I've enjoyed learning on my seafarer and developing a feel for the wind and the movement of the boat. She has also treated me well when I bite off more then I necessarily want to chew while sailing in rougher inlets and rougher seas
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook