SailNet Community - View Single Post - My first day sailer. What do you pack in yours?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013

CaribDream is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobGallagher:994310
Great advise so far.

I'll add, Proper navigation lighting is not an option. Since you will have power concerns, I would consider LED.

I'd take the ASA coastal navigation course before any of the other classes, or at least second after ASA basic keel boat.

You will probably learn more from the navigation class than you might expect. First and foremost, dealing with the currents in LIS.

Since your boat has a motor, have you taken the required CT safe boaters course?
The ASA certifications I'm obtaining satisfy CT requirements for the safe boater certificate. I just need to provide proof that I took the courses. Obviously taking the amount of training that I am, covers and far exceeds what's covered in the basic CT required course. I also feel that it was worth the extra money to go to a school that specializes in private training vs class based. I wouldn't want to be held back or distracted by other students, nor would I want to be the one holding others back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook