SailNet Community - View Single Post - Ready To Go Back In?
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013

swampcreek is on a distinguished road
Re: Ready To Go Back In?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Sawmp...I though you have a three stage charger in the boat to charge the batteries. Will they let you plug in there ( 110 adapter to shore power)? When you use the 2000 to charge your batteries do you connect direct,? I was under the impression it was a very slow way to charge batteries? (13.3a/ hr if you use the ac and 8 amps/ hr dc)

dave
Hi Dave, the boat is on the hard and I haven't seen an outlet anywhere near it so I just go down there at least once a month and connect the positive leads back up like normal and then plug the 30A outlet from the charger to the boat, the batteries go to "Float" within 10 or 15 minutes but I usually leave the generator run for an hour or so just to be sure...Plus I hang around inside with the cabin lights on just checking different things out. This time was the first time for the new Honda. I had an old smaller Honda 800 W that a friend gave to me and asked if I could get it to run properly, I cleaned the carburetor out and she runs nice but the last time I had it at the boat something went wrong with the voltage regulator and it was pumping out 150 volts. I ordered a new regulator that worked right for a day and then the voltage went to 5.56VDC, they exchanged it for another one that doesn't work (Same 5.56VDC) so I have to get in contact with them (online) and find out what they want to do. I can always hook up the old regulator and just use that gen for lighting but I just went ahead and bought a nice brand new 2 thousand watter for our boat.
1981 Hobie H16
19?? Sol Cat
19?? Penquin
Many, many power boats

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Life should be an adventure, not a guided tour!
Not all of us in the herd are sheep.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook