SailNet Community - View Single Post - Sydney Hobart Record
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013
Super Fuzzy Moderator

tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough tdw is a jewel in the rough
Re: Sydney Hobart Record

Paulo,
Multis are not allowed in the Syd-Hob. I believe Langman was going to have a shot at unofficially racing the fleet down to Hobart last year but decided not to upset the organisers and gave Maluka another run. Langman did take the tri up for Hamilton Island Race week and simply cleared out from evryone else. The possibility of multis being allowed int the Syd-Hob is remote to say the least.

My reason for mentioning the run was purely out of interest. For mine, any boat with three or four crew doing that trip in that time is pretty damned impressive.

Jonesy .... I think you are being somewhat unfair to Paulo.He is not really totally damning of multis, he merely points out where monos and multis differ and why he still prefers a mono, particularly for offshore work.

Oh yes, and the record that Langman has just broken was not set by Wild Oats but by the 143'super yacht Mari Cha who also went down outside of the official race. So its a passage record not a race record.

"Do you think God gets stoned? I think so... Look at the platypus." Robin Williams.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook