SailNet Community - View Single Post - HMS Bounty in trouble...
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013

davidpm is on a distinguished road
Re: HMS Bounty in trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef2sail View Post
Imagine a public letter of indignation and ridicule addressed to a dead man. That indisputably was all for public show. I hope some day since I live in Baltimore to see him as the Pride of Baltimore is often docked at Inner Harbor and there are functions. I will say that to his face. I have already written and sent a letter to him about his public self serving display to bring attention to himself.
He may have sent the letter to be self serving, I don't know him. It certainly doesn't seem like an appropriate thing to do.
Different people respond to grief differently however. For example it is a very common emotion to have anger even rage for a loved one who has died. It's not logical but understandable. We feel frustrated, hurt angered by a loss especially if it was the result of an accident that in hind site could have been avoided. We often start doing what if's. What if we had called, what if we had picked up the milk ourself, what if we had insisted they go to the doctor. Of course then we feel guilty for being angry at the person who died.
If this person was a good friend of Robin's it is possible that the letter was the result of grief and maybe even some pangs of conscience that he didn't do anything to stop Robin himself.
In any event he may even regret sending the letter but we all can do things we wish we didn't do in the grip of emotion.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook