SailNet Community - View Single Post - troubling news..
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2013
Learning the HARD way...

eherlihy will become famous soon enough
Re: troubling news..

Hey Denise,

Did the guy listing the boat on CraigsList tell you that the decks need to be re-cored?

Well, I don't know that it does either... but it illustrates my point that you don't know everything about why that boat is priced so far below the value that you see in yours. This boat could be a great deal, priced fairly, or even a rip-off... Unless you understand the seller's motivation, his price should have NO influence on the value in your boat.

I paid about NADA retail for mine, and have put that much again into it. So, by now I've paid 200% of NADA, at that time that I bought it... However, I just checked NADA, and see that the estimated value of my boat has decreased since I bought my boat...

My only justification is that I did not buy this as a FINANCIAL investment. Also, even if I could, I would not sell it for what I have invested in her.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

USCG Licensed OUPV Captain, ASA 101/103/104/105 Certified Instructor - Also certified in Recreational Marine Electrical Systems

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Getting back onto the water after undergoing knee surgery.

Last edited by eherlihy; 02-25-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook